Saturday, June 9, 2012

Romance. Sucks. Period.

So the first thing I want to say is there is no way I am going to Paris again without a guy. Around every corner, there was a reminder screaming:

 “MWAHAHAHA, SUCKS TO BE SINGLE.”

To begin, nearly every cafĂ© (and there’s one on every corner) had some cute couple sharing a coffee and dessert. Then there were all the other typical Parisian romantic hot spots we just had to pass/visit, with kanoodling lovers. The Eiffel Tower, the banks of the Seine, the multiple gardens, the cute stores. Everywhere, in every language and nationality, romance surrounded me. I just had to visit the city of love and be reminded that I am #foreveralone.
At one point, I realized that I was completely and totally cursed as our river tour guide told us to make a wish as we passed under the bridge of love, and I began to earnestly wish for my knight in shining armor to just drop out of the sky. Then she told us it would only come true if we kissed our neighbor. And I slowly turned to find my neighbor was none other than our group chaperone, Mrs. Walker, not exactly the drop-dead gorgeous French man I had hoped for. (love you Mrs. Walker!) And that’s when I realized that I was doomed to be a lonely teenage girl forever.

So, some words of advice to all you hopelessly romantic teenage girls in single situations:
Paris is not the place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment